Thursday, September 13, 2012

Fair time!

One of my favorite things to go to is the fair! Why? Because there are so many cool things to see, experience, eat, and enjoy. Lee and I got to go this last week when he and I had a day off from work...and we had a lovely time!

People enter all kinds of things that they want to be judged, like this cake! Pretty 'sweet' decorating job I'd say. :)



Really neat handmade chess set.

There was a whole room full of flowers and plants, bonsai trees and garden booths. I liked this room a lot.



Then we went to the animal tent which was full of cows, bulls, chickens running around everywhere, goats and a station to milk a cow! 

Oh yeah and potbelly pigs with smooshed faces. So cute!

This fella was ginormous. Seriously. 

There were tons of goats all begging for food from your hands. They 'baa-ed' at you if you didn't have anything. We just liked to hear them go 'baa'.


I loved the feathers on this rooster's legs! Looked like bell bottoms!

Huge turkey! I think he was asleep...

Texas longhorn!

When we got to the sheep, Lee said their fur felt like a dirty blanket. That pretty much sums it up! It was fun to feel how poofy their coats are though!


Like I said, all they did was beg for food. You would think with all the food they get all day, they'd be full. I guess not!

Milk cows! Their hides were so soft!


This tent was Lee's favorite to visit!


These chickens had some funky hair-dos!



Of course we had to get a funnel cake! We were going to get elephant ears too but someone said they weren't that great this year so we didn't bother.


Went to Panda Express after for dinner and came out to this lovely sunset to complete our day. :) Love it when it works out like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment