Tuesday, September 7, 2010

What's for dinner?

Do you know why I love being a wife? One of the reasons is because I am trying to become a better cook...and being a wife helps me be able to do that! Lee and I have had so much fun trying new things and making all of our meals together. It is seriously wonderful! He is a MUCH better cook than I am so I have tons to learn from him for sure. Here are some of the things that we have had so far!
We made oven baked chicken and garlic chicken one night...way delicious and yes, lots of leftovers... :) Thankfully Lee is a big eater so it's usually gone within a couple days!

Lee made this...it's pasta with marinara sauce and fresh parmesan cheese on top. Quick, easy and delicious!

I used to hate baked potatoes as a kid. But once you put all these goodies on it, they're really not that bad at all! Again, very quick and easy and soooo good!

I have branched out a bit...like last week, I made dinner two nights in a row! Yay me! The first night we had homemade macaroni and cheese and a coffee cake for dessert and the next night was spaghetti! And the BEST part is...I didn't burn anything! I am notorious for that...so it's a really good thing when that doesn't happen! I hope to get better at this...it's been a goal for me for a long time. It's just really satisfying when you can make something and have it be delicious! Thank goodness for a non-picky husband! :)

2 comments:

  1. I've just recently started "getting into" cooking. I've always enjoyed baking sweets, but when it comes to "real food"...not so much-LOL! All the Durtschi Boys are great cooks. We are so lucky! So, Kate and DaNae and I (along with my two sisters) have a craft blog (Whimsy Lane) that we post to whenever we do something, well, crafty or home decor-ish! :) If you want to join us just email me and I can give you more info! ndurtschi@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to say that I love going to www.allrecipes.com for ideas. People always post comments on how to make it better and there are a ton of recipes to choose from. I'm a horrible cook (I seriously burned water/eggs a couple months ago), but I've made some pretty decent meals the past month or so!

    ReplyDelete