Monday, September 6, 2010

Where The Wild Things Are...

Last week, we visited one of Idaho Fall's many attractions: the Tautphaus Zoo! Lee and I were so excited as we share a love of animals of all shapes and sizes. His senior project back in high school was about zoology and ever since then has been fascinated by all kinds of creatures. I think it's cute. :)

First we saw some pelicans. They were hiding their heads most of the time so this is pretty much all we got to see.

There were several types of tropical birds which were neat. This one's a Macaw.

This little dude was just wandering around free inside the zoo. I think they let most peacocks do that. He was sure pretty though!

I love this man!

We saw all kinds of monkeys! Thankfully they were up and about. Most of the zoos that I've been to, they're just sleeping...which is boring.

There were two beautiful snow leopards...

and lions...

and tigers...

and bears...

oh my!!!

We loved the zebras!

Isn't he cute?!

It was a fun day for sure! Lee really wants to show me the Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake City and I'm so excited to go! I love our adventures!




1 comment:

  1. How fun! We have a great zoo here, but we are waiting for this horrid North Carolina heat to cool off a little before we go! I'm excited you guys started a blog!

    ReplyDelete